Tuesday, April 12, 2011

David Arquette: I'm Not Upset Courteney Vacationed with Josh Hopkins

David Arquette: I'm Not Upset Courteney Vacationed with Josh Hopkins

If those Disney World pictures weren't enough, here's more evidence that David Arquette and Courteney Cox are having the most drama-free separation ever. A few weeks ago, the press raised a collective eyebrow at photos of Cox and hunky Cougar Town costar Josh Hopkins swimming together in St. Barts. On Ryan Seacrest's radio show Monday morning, however, Arquette said that the "scandal" was much ado about nothing.

"There are horrible articles right now," Arquette told Seacrest. "(Courtney) went away to St. Bart's with (daughter) Coco and her best friend and Josh from the show, and I knew about all of this. But these tabloids make it like there's some kind of scandal going on. But there's no scandal. We're really honest and open. We care about each other."

Sooo... does that mean they're reconciling?

"We're best friends. We're not together. We're still separated," Arquette explains.

Whatever their status, there's no doubt that working on Scream 4 -- which opens on Friday -- was a bittersweet experience for the pair. (Arquette says they were together during shooting, but had already started talking about separation.)

"It's amazing 'cause it spanned the most important aspects of my life," says Arquette of the horror franchise. "I met my wife on the first one, I lost my parents during the second two, and we've had a baby during the fourth one."

As for what prompted the split with Cox, Arquette is still vague. "We both took a moment to sort of look at our relationship and if we were happy and what was going on, and it was time for us to ask some questions," he says. Arquette acknowledges that he didn't deal with the situation so well at first: "For me, I used it in a bad way to act out and kind of shake my world up because I was heartbroken. I dealt with it in the way I had to because I believe in learning from (my) mistakes." Still, Arquette says the experience was constructive because it forced him to take "a good hard look at myself and my personality and my flaws."

Before closing the topic of the Arquette-Cox marriage, Seacrest expressed the sentiment that America was rooting for David and Courteney to get back together. And it sounds like David still is, too.

"I appreciate it. She's my best friend and I love her with all my heart," the actor replied. "And our relationship is actually better than ever."

Michelle Obama Ciara Olivia Munn Kim Smith Kerry Suseck Rose McGowan

No comments:

Post a Comment